Monday 13 May 2013

My Favourite Italian Beer


Yes, Moretti beer in Italy tastes like a beer from heaven, reminding me of both Perła and Lomża in Poland, as it's a refreshing lager with a distinct bitter taste (both the Czechs and Slovakians also excel at producing this kind of beer).  Anyway, it goes without saying that the wonderful 'pint' above went down a treat on a balmy dark evening in the small tourist town in the picture below:



If I remember correctly, this little town was somewhere between Florence and Rome, and the wonderful beer above only cost 2 Euros.

Additionally, in the garden of the hotel I was staying in, I found a great little statue of Padre Pio:



For me, a statue of Padre Pio occuping the ground usually reserved for a garden gnome shows just how intrinsic Catholicism still is to Italian culture.


No comments:

Post a Comment