Sunday 14 July 2013

Antimatter at Warsaw Klub Progresja 12-07-13


This was one of those rare events when I went to see the support band (Antimatter) more than the headlining act, Anathema, not that I have anything against the latter who are obviously a more than decent band.  Even though it was only an accoustic show, it was good to hear a decent portion of  Antimatter's 'Fear of a Unique Identity' done live with 'Monochrome' being my favourite tune of the night.  Mick Moss has an incredible David Sylvian/Eddie Vedder voice combined with a perhaps too modest, unassuming stage presence, but perhaps the latter is the real charm.  Anyway, Antimatter were great and I'm really glad I got out to catch them despite feeling knackered after a full-on week of work.

What about Anathema?  Well, of course, I stayed on to watch them, and quite liked the show without it really being my kind of thing:


To be honest, the Cavanagh brothers had a great rapport with the crowd, and I really enjoyed 'Untouchable', probably my favourite Anathema tune (well done to the kind person who filmed part of this):



Despite this, I was just too shattered and ended up going after about 75 minutes of the Anathema set which was a pity, as I was warming to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment