Wednesday 17 July 2013

Pole Mokotowskie Park, Warsaw

Last time I was in both parts of Pole Mokotowskie Park  must've been about 8 years ago, so it was good to retrace old ground  on Monday morning.  The latter is a great time to stroll through Pole Mokotowskie, as it's very calm and peaceful, unlike Saturday afternoon when it seems that the world and his wife are there.

Anyway, this Monday, I entered Pole Mokotowskie from the Metro Politechnicha side of things:


Was glad that I had my small camera with the zoom on me so I could get a closer look at what was at the top of the column entering Pole Mokotowskie.  Soon, it was nice to see that the Park's famous flowerbeds were working their way towards full bloom:



Pole Mokotowskie is also famous for having several wooden grill bars where you can sit outside eating barbecued or grilled kiełbasa (sausage) and drinking a nice cold pint on a warm summer eve:



Scattered around the Park, there are also several pieces of nondescript 'Abstract Art' which don't really do anything for me:



Just think the Park would be better without this kind of thing, but maybe somebody somewhere likes it.  Still, during my stroll round the Park, I found the Fonobar just by chance:



Never been to the Fonobar before, but may have to do in the future for some concert or other, so this may turn out to be a useful find.

Finally, I was surprised to find out that my straight walk through both sides of the park led me to Jeff's Grill Bar, which I've passed for years without realising that it leads into Pole Mokotowskie:



Never been in Jeff's, but, as the name suggests, people say you're better off with a burger rather than a salad there. 

What about Pole Mokotowskie itself? 



Well, I basically found out that it was built up during the 1970s/1980s as a place for the Warsaw people to find some peace and relaxation.  A great idea, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment