Saturday 20 July 2013

The Wilanow Church Bells, Warsaw

Was bored senseless of working on the computer on Thursday afternoon so I jumped on the 116 bus in Warsaw to make my way to the Wilanow Palace.  The first thing I saw at Wilanow was the church there:


It was about seven or eight years since I'd last been to Wilanow Palace so it was almost like visiting it with new eyes.  The most striking things in the church grounds were the bells dedicated to Pope John Paul II:





I can only guess but I don't think these bells were here when I last visited Wilanow.  However, for me the most impressive things in and around the Wilanow church grounds have always been the Stations of the Cross and the statue of Our Lady with her feet on top of the world:





Yes, as a Catholic, the last two things are more impressive for me, as I'm not massively keen on the popularist devotion to the late John Paul II.

No comments:

Post a Comment