Wednesday 3 July 2013

Gov't Mule at Warsaw Klub Progresja 1-07-13




What an honour it was to see Gov't Mule at Warsaw Klub Progresja on Monday night.  I've always liked Southern Rock/Boogie (Lynyrd Skynyrd; Blackfoot; Molly Hatchet; 38 Special; Georgia Satellites etc.), so Allman Brothers' spin off, Gov't Mule, were a real treat.

Great to see that someone recorded the opening track of the night, 'Down on the Brazos', and put it on Youtube:


My favourite track of the evening?  Well, that'd have to be 'Beautifully Broken', done immediately after the short mid-set break, but I loved everything, to be honest.  Unfortunately, I had to leave at 10.45 to catch my last bus home, and the band had almost been playing for two-and-a-half hours then.

My fondest memory of the evening?  Well, that would have to be Warren Haynes' wide range of extended guitar solos and improvisation.  Was also mightily impressed with the way the bassist, Jorgen Carlsson, followed Haynes' improvisation around (I had a go at playing bass years ago, so I have some idea about doing this).




Yes, this was a concert to savour.  I'd been running around working all day, and it was a real treat to simply stand back with a couple of pints, and enjoy live music of the highest order.

No comments:

Post a Comment