Saturday 6 July 2013

Manchester Victoria Train Station

After flying from Warsaw to Liverpool, I usually catch a coach from the latter to Manchester, then make my way towards Manchester Victoria (train station) where I catch a tram back to my hometown of Bury. 

Especially love the Victorian architecture scattered around Manchester city centre.  In the shot below, you can just make out Manchester Cathedral in the background of such an interesting Victorian building:



Just before Victoria train station, I pass some other curious places, such as Chetham's School which seems to be secluded away from the hustle and bustle of it all:


Around here, I also catch sight of an interesting, recently built glass building:



Yes, some modern architecture can be surprisingly tasteful, and this glass building never fails to catch my eye:


Besides this, for me, Victoria train station is always one of the most wondrous sights in Manchester:



Especially love this place as it does after all, lead me back to Bury:



It's always great to be homeward bound, but for not too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment