Thursday 11 July 2013

Bush at Warsaw Klub Progresja 9-07-13


Like Mudhoney in late May at the Stodola, I enjoyed this a lot more than I'd expected.  To be honest, like quite a few of the bands I see in Warsaw, I only know Bush in passing, remembering them from the mid to late 1990s when they got labelled as being a 'British grunge band'.  However, I was happy to see that I recognised about half of the set, including 'Everything Zen'; 'The Chemicals Between Us'; 'Machinehead' etc.  Of course, the loudest cheer of the night was reserved for 'Swallowed'.  Was especially pleased that the band encored out with my favourite tracks:  'Glycerine' and 'Comedown'.  Well done to whoever recorded 'Glycerine' (below) on the night:



More than anything, I was impressed by how the band members, especially Gavin Rossdale, were aware that a band needs an audience every bit as much as the latter needing a band, and it was great to see them making themselves amenable to people taking pictures from the crowd through kind of prolonged 'poses'.  This was also a hot summer evening, and the Klub Progresja was thankfully not packed out, but frontman Rossdale repeatedly expressed the band's appreciation for the warm reception, and, at one point, mentioned that he liked the weather and wouldn't mind living in Poland (don't think he's seen a full on Polish winter, do you?).




Yes, like Mudhoney in late May at the Stodoła, this was a gig that I enjoyed much more than I'd expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment