Tuesday 2 July 2013

The Incredible TV Building in Warsaw


Well, after years of passing the Polish TV building (near the Wierzbno metro station) in Warsaw, I finally got off the tram to have a look at it in greater detail:


The reason why I'd never photographed this great building before is that I'd always forgotten my small camera with the zoom, but, at last, I remembered it, and wasn't disappointed.



Not sure what the figure below is supposed to symbolise, but I guess that it adds something to the general mystique of the building:


Yes, for me, this building is something like a magnificent, big, shiny (but dark) glass castle:



While at other times, the building reminds me of a ship, as in the picture above, or a kind of helter skelter ride as in the picture below:



Finally, I've heard some people say that such a public building shouldn't be so lavish, probably at the taxpayers' expense, but, for me, sometimes you've just got to hold your hand up and acknowledge 'Art for Art's Sake'

No comments:

Post a Comment