Saturday 1 February 2014

Clannad Live at Warsaw Stodoła 31st January 2014


Got to see Clannad again at Warsaw Stodoła last night (above), roughly  a year after seeing them at the same place.  This time round, the band came on with about 5 new tracks from last year's 'Nadur' album.  Before last night, I hadn't heard any of the latter, but the opening 5 tracks were really fresh and vibrant with 'Transatlantic', in particular, immediately sticking in my mind.



Of course, later on, the band went through more familiar territory doing 'Newgrange'; 'Theme from Harry's Game'; 'I Will Find You'; the 'Robin Hood' medley etc. and 'Dulaman'  (I recognise most of their Gaelic tunes, but, for obvious reasons - not knowing Gaelic, this is the only one I can name). 

Finally, the band inevitably finished off with the foot-stomping 'Teir Abhaile Riu' (just had to look this title up, of course, but, somehow, without understanding a word of Gaelic, this song has been firmly planted in my jukebox over the years and love singing along with it:


Above, the band are taking a well-deserved round of applause, while below, Pol is the last member of the band to leave the stage:


Today, with the concert from last night still resonating in my mind, I've looked up a few of the new tracks off the 'Nadur' album and can't stop playing 'Brave Enough' (below from 'The Late Show' in Ireland):



Must also say that I admire Clannad for coming over to Poland in late January when the temperature is often -10 and colder.


Was passing the Stodoła yesterday afternoon, as I was working near there, and it was bitterly cold.  Guess that the coach below may well have been the Clannad tour bus:

No comments:

Post a Comment