Sunday 9 February 2014

Gary Numan Concert Poster in Warsaw


Love the fly poster above advertising the upcoming Gary Numan concert at Warsaw Palladium on February 20th. 

Never seen Gary Numan live before so it'll be an honour to catch him on February 20th.  Have really enjoyed listening to the mix of new and (towards the end) old canonical Numan stuff (especially 'Down in the Park') below in preparation for the Palladium gig:


Like a lot of people, I find the 'Splinter' material really dark and interesting, especially 'In The Dust'; 'The Calling'; 'Lost'; and 'My Last Day'.  Guess that when I'm in the mood, I have some kind of soft spot for dark existentialism (read enough Sartre at university to kind of put me in tune with this sort of thing).

Never really liked Tubeway Army/Gary Numan in the late 1970s/early 1980s (when I was only a young teenager), but now it's a completely different story.

No comments:

Post a Comment