Friday 21 February 2014

Gary Numan Live at Warsaw Palladium, 20th February 2014


Had the pleasure of going to watch Gary Numan at the Warsaw Palladium last night, and I think I can safely say that its my favourite gig of the year so far.  Really love Numan's recent album 'Splinter' album, which I rightly or wrongly view as being almost (Neo-) Prog, and last night's gig lived up to all expectations, not just for me but for the whole crowd from what could I see.



So what were my favourite tunes of the night then?  Well, both 'Prayer for the Unborn' and 'Down in the Park' (below), my favourite 'old Numan tune', were spot on (of course, a massive well done to whoever is sharing their videos of last night's gig on Youtube):


However, my favourite tunes of the night were probably 'Love Hurt Bleed' and 'Metal' (below) as Numan and his slick tight band seemed to absolutely nail these:






Also, after more than a few failed attempts, I finally managed to get a shot of Mr. Numan in bowing motion (below):


Yeah, for a man getting on a bit, he sure does move around a bit.

Finally, when Are 'Friends' Electric? was being done near the end, as I was sipping a nice cold pint at the back of the hall, I couldn't help but feel some deep nostalgia, this tune having been a seminal tune of my early secondary school years (I hadn't really appreciated it back then, but sure did now):


Yes, it was a pleasure to spend the evening in the presence of a man who I now consider to be something of a genius.



No comments:

Post a Comment