Tuesday 11 November 2014

Discovering Interesting Music: 'Flash' by The Moving Sidewalks

What is my music discovery of the day, the product of my Youtube surfing today?  Well, today, it's the 1968 psychaedelic blues album, 'Flash' by The Moving Sidewalks:


As soon as I started playing this, the first thing I asked was "Is that Billy Gibbons on vocals?".  And after a quick Internet search, I found out that it indeed was Mr. Gibbons, also with the great guitar work, of course.

Only seen ZZ Top twice, once at Manchester Apollo in 1983 on the 'Eliminator' tour when me and my old mate Phil Taylor got tickets just before it sold out, and the other time at Castle Donington in 1985 when they topped a fascinating line-up made up of Magnum; Ratt; Metallica; Bon Jovi; and Marillion (nothing wrong with that line-up for variety).

My favourite ZZ Top tune?  That would have to be 'Pearl Necklace'; 'Party on the Patio' or 'Got Me Under Pressure' (below):


Remember seeing the above too on the old Channel 4 music show, The Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment