Friday 28 November 2014

Submotion Orchestra Live at Warsaw Basen 27th November 2014

Below are the pictures that I took from the excellent Submotion Orchestra gig at Warsaw Basen last night:


A few months ago, I checked Submotion Orchestra out on Youtube after seeing they were going to play Warsaw Basen.


As a result, I started playing their 'Finest Hour' and 'Fragments' albums as background music while doing work on the computer, and, of course, got a ticket to see them at Warsaw Basen (at 55 złoty a real bargain).


Ended up standing at the right side of the stage above the 'pool level' next to the speakers (definitely won't be in this position next week for Swans as I value my ears), which was a good place for getting shots of the band, and, of course, vocalist Ruby Wood is very photogenic:
 

 Having only recently been introduced to Submotion Orchestra, and often listening to them as 'background music', I won't pretend to know any of the tunes by name, but this is quite nice as all the tunes seem to blend together as a soothing soundscape.


Moreover, like the Icelandic group Mum, another great 'soothing soundscape' band who I saw at the Basen last year, Submotion Orchestra really do come across well live, subtly mesmerising the audience.




No comments:

Post a Comment