Thursday 6 November 2014

Song of the Day: 'Northern Sky' by Nick Drake


Used to always have 'Northern Sky' by Nick Drake humming in my head around about the Crewe stop on the Canterbury-London/London-Manchester train journey that I used to do between 1999-2003.

Only really started giving Nick Drake's music a serious listen in the late 1990s through a good friend in Canterbury, Chris Brennan (hope this guy is well wherever he is).

What a tragedy that Nick Drake took his own life in 1974 (when I was only eight).  Like many people I guess, I often wonder how his music would've developed (what different directions it would've taken) if he'd remained with us (the man was obviously a genius).

I had a brother who took his own life in 2004, and often wonder what his life journey would've been  like if he'd stayed with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment