Sunday 16 November 2014

Skid Row and Saxon Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja 15th November 2014


Here's a few pictures from Skid Row at Warsaw Klub Progresja last night.  Hope they convey how pumped up the band were:
 

Saw Skid Row back in 1992 at Castle Donington, and I can only really recall it 'pissing' down all the way through their set.  But last night, I enjoyed them much more than I'd expected, as they were clearly up for it:


Favourite tunes from the Skid Row set last night?  They would have to be '18 and Life' and 'Youth Gone Wild'.  Full credit to the band for getting such a good atmosphere going last night.


And Saxon?  Well, I decided to see them for a bit of NWOBHM nostalgia, but, if truth be told, they're not really my cup of tea.  Still, I recall them coming onto the scene back in the late 1970s, and it was a bit of a shame that I hadn't seen them until last night.


Moreover, all the old Saxon stuff ('747'; 'Wheels of Steel'; 'Strong Arm of the Law'; 'Denim and Leather' etc.) has a kind of anthemic quality, and Biff is a character, of course:



And, more than anything, this gig had an obvious 'old school' feel to it.

Unfortunately, only caught the last tune of the opening band, Halycon Way:


No comments:

Post a Comment