Saturday 15 November 2014

Song of the Day: 'The Great Misconceptions of Me' by WASP


My favourite WASP track by a wide country mile, but why?  Well, for me, it's a more than decent attempt at Prog by a band that's not normally associated with Prog Rock.

Also great that somebody has put this footage from Castle Donington 1992 on Youtube, as this was one of the last Doningtons that I went to - think the last one I went to was with Kiss (with the make-up back on) a few years later.

My memories of the 1992 Donington:  for me, WASP were the band of the day, but special mention has to go to Slayer (not usually my cup of tea) for 'cutting through the elements' (being heard crystal clear against unfavourable, stormy weather conditions).

Also saw Skid Row at the 1992 Donington who will be on in Warsaw this evening supporting Saxon at the Klub Progresja.  Again, Skid Row are not really my cup of tea, but I do really like one track, '18 and Life' (below from the 2014 Downloader Festival at Donington):



Again, great stuff that somebody has put this on Youtube.  Should be a decent gig with Saxon; Skid Row; and Halycon Way.  If I'm honest, none of these bands are exactly my cup of tea, but I think it'll be worth going for an 'old Rock world' kind of atmosphere and anthropology. 

No comments:

Post a Comment