Saturday 2 May 2015

Algarve: Porches-Carvoeiro Cliff Top Walk


My good friend Dave Dealy decided to take his family and me on about a 3-mile cliff top walk from Porches to Caroeiro one Saturday afternoon.

The picture above shows that the cliff top is crumbling away in places, so, as Dave quite rightly pointed out, it would be extremely dangerous to do this walk in the dark or when it's really windy.

During the walk, we saw lots of interesting rock formations:


And the place below reminded me a bit of some of the spectacular red/sandy-coloured rocky places that I visited in Utah (e.g. Cedar Breaks) in 2008: 

And then the spectacular rock formations just kept on coming:


And when we looked back, the view was also great:


I remember the place below in particular as it kind of signalled that we were getting quite close to our destination:


And one of the last shots looking out at sea:


Where an incredible ship came gliding by:


 


No comments:

Post a Comment