Friday 22 May 2015

Soley Live at Warsaw Basen 21st May 2015


On Tuesday night, I was watching Def Leppard at the Torwar, and last night, it was the Soley gig at the Basen:  two concerts poles apart in style, but both equally impressive (for my eclectic taste in music).

Just find Soley's music quirky and relaxing, and she has a great dry sense of humour in her short chats between songs.


My favourite tunes of the night?  Well, I was always going to enjoy 'Pretty Face' and 'Smashed Birds' (my two favourite Soley songs), but for pure atmosphere, I thought 'Deeper' was the tune of the night.


Below, there's a shot of Albert from Soley's band setting up his keyboard equipment before the gig:


And an honourable mention must go to the opening act, Obo, who were also great:


The female violinist seemed to play the role of a lead guitarist:


There was also a male keyboard player and vocalist, but I couldn't catch him, as four big amplifiers were blocking my view.  Still, this allowed me to focus on the photogenic violinist:



No comments:

Post a Comment