Saturday 30 May 2015

Skindred Live at Warsaw Ursynalia Festival 29th May 2015


Arrived just in time, shortly after eight o'clock, to catch Skindred at the Warsaw Ursynalia Festival.  Admittedly, Skindred are not really my cup of tea, but I wanted to catch them out of curiosity.

At the end of the Skindred set, I asked my mate Romek what he thought about Skindred, and he said that they weren't his kind of band, but that the vocalist, Benji Webbe was a good laugh and had created a great atmosphere:
  

Yeah, couldn't have put it better myself, Skindred are the perfect band for revving a festival up, and soon after hitting the stage, they had more or less everybody jumping up and down.

In between a couple of songs, Benji Webbe made a point of making the crowd fully aware of Skindred guitarist, Mikey Demus:
 

But of course, the centre of attention was always going to be Benji Webbe, whether singing or chatting between songs:


As expected, he shared the centre of the stage with the customary Union Jack:


Don't know much by or about Skindred, to be honest, but did recognise 'Warning' so I guess this may be a bit of a signature tune.  Also just read that Benji Webbe was the frontman of Dubwar who I kind of remember from the early/mid-1990s.

No comments:

Post a Comment