Wednesday 26 July 2017

Gong Live at Loreley 'Night of the Prog' 16th July 2017


If truth be known, Gong have never been my favourite band, although on the one previous occasion I'd seen them live, at Mount Ephraim Gardens in Kent in 2000, with Daevid Allen and Gilli Smyth in the band, I'd really enjoyed them.

Thus, with the recent passing away of both Allen and Smyth, it was with some curiosity that I saw the current incarnation of Gong (which I've just read had Allen's blessing to carry on as Gong and do the 2016 'Rejoice! I'm Dead' album)


And so it turned out that I enjoyed Gong at this year's 'Night of the Prog' Festival, with Kavus Torabi being an appropriately colourful frontman:


Just liked the self-indulgence, hypnotic quality, and crescendo-building of the band.


No comments:

Post a Comment