Saturday 22 July 2017

Yes (Anderson, Rabin and Wakeman) Live at Loreley 'Night of the Prog' 15th July 2017


Was able to get a few shots of Rick Wakeman but none of the other band members during the show:


This was a gig that I didn't quite know what to make of at the time, but the more I reflect on it, the more I seem to enjoy thinking about it.


During the concert, I couldn't help but sense that the Trevor Rabin-era Yes tunes were executed really well, especially 'Hold On'; 'Changes'; 'The Rhythm of Love'; and 'Lift Me Up'.


Not sure if it was me, but things seemed to go a bit 'pear-shaped' for a bit when Jon Anderson fell over towards the end of the set.

Still, having seen Yes twice before, both times at the Sala Kongresowa Hall in Warsaw (once with the classic Anderson, Howe, Squire, White, Wakeman line-up), it was nice to see a version of Yes with Trevor Rabin for the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment