Friday 7 October 2022

Angel Olsen - Warsaw Proxima (6-10-22)

 

What a nice evening out this was, seeing Angel Olsen at Warsaw Proxima on Thursday night.

Was great seeing Angel Olsen and her band doing older songs like Shut Up Kiss Me; Lark etc.


But it was the new tunes off the recent Big Time album (the title track; All The Good Times etc.) which really stood out for me.


With the profoundly subtle This Is How It Works being my tune of the night, love the gradual build up of crescendo.

Think that the Big Time album is something really special, one of the best albums I've heard by anybody in many a year. It just has that great kind of Americana flavour that a Brit like me loves.

Also managed to catch the latter end of Tomberlin which was good:

Despite somehow getting lost in the walk through Polemokotowskie Park to the Proxima once again. How I manage to repeatedly do this, I don't really know.


No comments:

Post a Comment