Monday 10 October 2022

Lake District Trip: Some Final Thoughts

 After visiting Coniston, it was sadly the time to leave the Lake District behind:

It'd been a great trip, of which visiting Greta Hall (Coleridge's home 1800-1803) had been an early high point:


 It'd been fantastic to see some Wordsworth sites too, of course.

On the outskirts of Coniston, I took my final Lakeland shot, which was of (I think) the River Crake which eventually drains Coniston Water to the Sea:


During our 3-4 day trip, we'd had an amazing (albeit wet) adventure.

While drying the tent out in my friend's back garden in Bury, Lancashire:


I started thinking about how I might get up to the Lake District again in the future, to see Ennerdale; Wast Water; Ullswater (seen once before); Haweswater; Loweswater; Esthwaite etc.

But for now, I'd seen a nice portion of the Lake District.

No comments:

Post a Comment