Wednesday 19 October 2022

Passing Bury Grammar School

 After walking the Radcliffe-Bury Canal stretch, I passed Bury Grammar School:

 

Can remember the building above hosting Tell Bury Again (big born-again Christian) events in the early 1980s, with young and middle-aged people dancing down the aisles singing a strange hymn called God's Got an Army Marching to the Land.

Back in the present, I noticed that Bury Grammar had a Sixth-Form block:


Can't remember if Bury Grammar had one back in the day, but kind of recall that male and female pupils were taught in separate classes in the Secondary School. Wonder if that's still the case. 

Back in the day (1977-1982), I went to St. Gabriel's:


 Didn't really like the place, but would've disliked Bury Grammar more, I guess.

Shortly after Bury Grammar School, on the other side of the ring road, Angouleme Way, and next to Bolton Street, I passed the Christian Fellowship Church:


 Think that this kind of born-again Christian place was an offshoot from the Tell Bury Again events, but I could be wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment