Saturday 1 October 2022

Bury: Victoria Wood Statue

In my hometown of Bury, Lancashire, I saw the Victoria Wood (1953-2016) statue, facing the town centre library, for the first time:

 

To be honest, it didn't look as bad as I'd been led to believe.

Have just read that Victoria Wood went to Fairfield Primary School and Bury Grammar School for Girls, the latter of which she felt alienated at.

Less than a minute away from the Victoria Wood statue, on the opposite side of the road, I saw the Fusiliers Museum:


Have never been in the Fusiliers Museum, but people generally say it is very good.

Of course, during any trip to Bury, I make sure I get to the Trackside pub, at the side of the steam train track on Bolton Street. 

Really enjoyed sampling a chocolate-flavoured dark mild this time round, it was wonderful:

It's great to have a good, early evening beer in nice surroundings, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment