Friday 17 January 2014

A Few Reflections on Seeing Agnes Obel at Warsaw Palladium on 11-01-14


Glad to see that a great person managed to video a few tunes (including 'Riverside' above and 'Fuel To Fire' below) from the Agnes Obel concert at Warsaw Palladium last Saturday.  I say this as videoing this event was no easy task as the stage was sometimes dark with just lantern-type light and at other times not much brighter. 


Since last Saturday, I've been reflecting on this concert, because, despite having been to hundreds of all kinds of concerts over the years, this is the nearest I've ever come to having an opera (or Classical music concert) kind of experience, and, for this reason, the evening was really endearing.  What I'm trying to say is that the tunes seemed to subtly blend into each other, causing me to nostalgically recall and almost dream about certain episodes from my past. 

Thus, through a beautiful live musical experience, I dreamily engaged with some kind of catharsis, a really wonderful experience.  Just one last thing:  this concert was also magical, as it was the day before my 48th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment