Tuesday 28 January 2014

Deciding To See Tangerine Dream in Warsaw in June 2014


First came across Tangerine Dream in the late 1970s when I heard the 'Encore' live album (a track from this album is above), but only being 13 or 14, I just viewed the band as offering some kind of inaccessible 'long-winded' synthesiser music. 

Then, in 1980, I heard the newly released 'Tangram' album (below) which I found more accessible, but not enough to consider seeing the band live:


By the mid-1980s, I'd completely lost touch with Tangerine Dream (having only known them in passing anyway), although my good friend, Phil Taylor, who really liked them, almost begged me to see them at Manchester Apollo (of course, out of curiosity, I should've gone to this, but didn't).

Then, roll on almost another 30 years, and a couple of months ago, I saw that Tangerine Dream will be playing the Hała Ursynow in Warsaw on June 4th, and that this will be the band's last ever tour.  Thus, in response, I checked out recent live performances by the band on Youtube, especially the ones in Berlin and Zurich below:



Must say that I love these two concerts, and, of course, have now got a ticket for the Tangerine Dream Warsaw show in June.  Thus, being nearly 50 now, the music of Tangerine Dream is perfectly accessible for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment