Thursday 30 January 2014

Whalley Abbey Catholic Church: Catholic Martyr Saints Being Honoured


Love the way Whalley Abbey Catholic church honours the memory of the Catholic martyr saints, St. John Fisher and St. Thomas More (well, that's who I think they are - I didn't check to make 100% sure), in both statue form (above) and stained glass form (below):



But this isn't the first time that I've seen these two great saints being honoured together, as I saw statues of them both (one on each side of the High Altar as it happens) when I used to go to the Old Latin Mass at the traditional Catholic chapel (first run by the traditional Redemptorists, then by the Society of St. Pius X) at Herne village, Kent in the late 1990s/early 2000s.  This was when I was living in the beautiful cathedral city of Canterbury nearby (the most beautiful place I've ever lived in).

No comments:

Post a Comment