Wednesday 13 August 2014

Klagenfurt, Austria: A Beautiful Church


Think that the above is some kind of parish church rather than the cathedral in Klagenfurt, but I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway, this church was genuinely beautiful inside, as can be seen from the three mobile shots below:




However, for me, the most inspiring part of visiting this church was seeing the young woman below get off her bike to pray/reflect at the foot of the statue of Our Lady outside the church:


For me, this kind of subtle religiosity is more significant and impressive than any evangelical/charismatic activity where people are extremely lively and claim to be filled with the Holy Ghost (this is just my Catholic sensibility, I guess).

There was also an interesting-looking statue outside the Klagenfurt church:


No comments:

Post a Comment