Monday 25 August 2014

Koper Capodistria, Slovenia


On the way to Piran, we stopped off at Koper, also on the Adriatic Coast, entering the seaside town by the gate above:

Soon we were in Tito Square with its beautiful City Hall (below):


And high bell tower (below):


Managed to catch the bishop fresco above the church door (below):


The road down to the sea was a narrow winding one:


Passing quite a few interesting things such as what looks like the Venetian seal below (I'm sure that I saw something very similar or exactly the same on the walls of both Kotor and Budva in Montenegro last summer):


But what caught my eye the most was the 16th century (fishermen and sailors') church of St. Nicholas:


Also loved the statue below which we saw as we neared the sea:



But, for me, the sea wasn't the most interesting thing in Koper:


Really wouldn't go anywhere near the kind of food below (I don't eat fish but I'm not vegetarian), although, of course, some people might love it:


Still, I liked the three iron giraffes towering above the small dockyard:


And really liked my last shot from Koper, the Adam and Eve engraving below:


No comments:

Post a Comment