Sunday 17 August 2014

Warsaw Old Town: Seeing a Warszawa Garbus Car


A day after coming back from Slovenia, we were walking through Warsaw Old Town when we spotted this vintage Warszawa Garbus:


But why was the Warsawa Garbus so important for me?  Well, somebody of Polish descent from my hometown of Bury, Lancashire had asked me to keep my eyes open for one, and to take a few pictures of one if possible, as it was now a kind of treasured museum piece:


The Warszawa Garbus I saw was outside an Old Town church where a Saturday wedding was taking place, waiting for some of the main participants, possibly the bride and groom, to get inside after the ceremony:


Love the front of this car especially the bonnet and headlights.  Yeah, it's definitely a car of character.

However, if it had not been for my wife who spotted the car, I would've just walked past without noticing it, as I was in some kind of dreamworld after getting back from Slovenia.

No comments:

Post a Comment