Monday 18 August 2014

Patti Smith Live at Warsaw Sowinskiego Park 17th August 2014

Went to see Patti Smith at Warsaw Sowinskiego Park last night, but rather foolishly spent too much time trying to get shots of her and the band from too far away with my iphone:


No matter what I did, the things just came out like blurred watercolours, but, still, the main thing, I (like everybody else there) enjoyed the concert.
 


My favourite tunes of the evening?  Well, with Patti Smith, I was always going to prefer the more melodic stuff: 'Dancing Barefoot' (which she came on with); 'April Fool'; 'Because the Night'; and 'People Have the Power'; and the sublimely haunting 'Ghost Dance'.  Having said this, I also really really enjoyed (almost getting myself into a trance-like state during) the crescendo-building 'Beneath the Southern Cross'.  However, no matter how hard I've tried over the years, 'Gloria' just isn't my cup of tea, but that's just the way it goes.

Just been on Youtube and it's good to see that some great people are sharing their videos from last night's gig, including  'Ghost Dance'; 'Beneath the Southern Cross'; and 'Dancing Barefoot':




Ended up setting off halfway through the third encore, 'Rock n' Roll Nigger', last night to avoid any crush going down on the trams from Wolska, and had to be up at 6 o'clock this morning for work (one reason for not being too keen on going to concerts on Sunday night).

Seen a good few bands/artists from my school years (1977-1982 when music became enshrined in my soul so to say) this year:  Yes; Tangerine Dream; Magnum; Gary Numan; Kansas; and now, Patti Smith.  Just enjoying seeing these great kinds of bands/artists while I still have the opportunity.


No comments:

Post a Comment