Tuesday 28 October 2014

Alcest (and Opeth) Live at Warsaw Klub Progresja 27th October 2014

Count myself blessed to have caught French band Alcest (supporting Opeth) at Warsaw Klub Progresja last night:


Similar to the effect Icelandic band Sigur Ros have on me, listening to Alcest, I find myself getting lost in a sublime soundscape where all the songs seemingly merge together.


However, the song of the night for me had to be 'La Ou Naissent Les Couleurs Nouvelles'.  Just think that this is one hell of a beautiful track.


And, of course, at times, the stage was just a sea of hair:


Also, it might just be my imagination running away with me here, but Alcest kind of remind me of early Rush (e.g. from around the 'Fly By Night' era).


Yeah, Alcest were right up there with all the top gigs I've been to this year, namely Kansas; Within Temptation; Gary Numan; and Rich Robinson.

Also had a great night with my old pal, Olly Robinson:


Yeah, no doubts who Olly was there to see last night.  Must say that I liked the Opeth backdrop:


Also really liked the recent Opeth stuff  ('Eternal Rains Will Come'; 'Cusp of Eternity' etc.), but the older growling/grunting stuff just doesn't do it for me (but each to their own and all that).


Still, my mate Olly absolutely loved it.


No comments:

Post a Comment