Wednesday 29 October 2014

Skillet Live at Warsaw Stodoła October 28th 2014


I find Skillet very melodic and that was good enough reason to go and see the band at Warsaw Stodoła last night.  I took loads of shots from a distance away and, fortunately, a handful of them came out half-okay, such as the one of John Cooper below:


Skillet did a 90-minute set, my favourite tunes of the night having to be 'Sick of It' and 'Awake and Alive' (my two favourite Skillet tunes).  To be honest, I find most Skillet songs anthemic, having a great bouncy sing-along quality.


The Stodoła was also packed out, far more crowded than I'd expected it to be.


Was just a bit disappointed that John Cooper didn't give a longer chat about the band's born-again Christian beliefs, as it's this dimension that makes the band a bit different for me.


Was also a touch strange that the band didn't seem to come back on stage for a single encore after the 90-minute set.  But as I was watching the end of the concert on the screen in the Stodoła bar area (above), I could see that the security at the front of the stage were having a lot of problems trying to catch teeny-boppers crowd surfing.  So maybe this had something to do with it, or maybe it's just Skillet's way to avoid (often predictable) encores. 

No comments:

Post a Comment