Wednesday 15 October 2014

Leżajsk Export: One of My Favourite Polish Beers


Leżajsk Export (the Leżajsk in the white/silver can as opposed to the Leżajsk in the blue can) is definitely one of my favourite Polish beers.

I first discovered it while working in Nowy Sącz in the foothills of the Tatra Mountains between 1997 and 1999.

But for some reason Leżajsk Export seems to be difficult to find in Warsaw.  And up until recently, I hadn't drunk this wonderful beer since going to see Van Der Graaf Generator in Cracow getting on for about 10 years ago now.


However, when I was in Biedronka in Szczebrzeszyn recently, I had a wonderful surprise as I saw that the white/silver-tinned Leżajsk was being sold as well as the usual blue-tinned one.  Thus, I'll now be checking out the Biedronka stores in Warsaw to see if they're also selling Leżajsk Export.

So what is so special about the Leżajsk in the white/silver tin?  Well, while not being very gassy, it also has the faintest but incredibly beautiful bitter taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment