Tuesday 7 October 2014

Deciding To See Saxon at Warsaw Klub Progresja on November 15th 2014


To be honest, Saxon have never really been my cup of tea, so why have I decided to go and see them at Warsaw Klub Progresja in mid-November?

Well, it's something of a nostalgia thing.  When I was at secondary school in Britain in the late 1970s and early 1980s, the NWOBHM thing was in its heyday, and I saw quite a few of the NWOBHM bands (mainly as support acts to more established bands) at Manchester Apollo.  Amongst this number were Lionheart; Praying Mantis; Fist; Tygers of Pan Tang; Deadringer; More etc. Of course, back in the day, Saxon made a quick transition from support to main band.

Thus, just think that I owe it to my memories of the NWOBHM thing from the late 1970s/early 1980s to see Saxon.  My favourite Saxon song?  That would have to be '747 (Strangers in the Night)' above.  Of course, having never seen Saxon before, I'm also just curious to see what they're like live.


No comments:

Post a Comment