Sunday 5 October 2014

Olomouc: Shelter from the Rain


Was really grateful for this big Gothic-type church in Olomouc city centre, as it gave me and my wife shelter from the rain for about an hour one early Sunday evening when the heavens literally opened:


In a dark, faintly candlelit church, the mind can easily wander and I was taken back to the late 1980s and 'Shelter from the Rain' by All About Eve:



For me, the beauty of the church was stunning including the entrance below:


Saw All About Eve seven times back in the day, and recall just thinking 'Wow!' when I first came across them opening Reading Festival in 1987.  'Paradise' is one of my favourite All About Eve tunes:



It's quite funny what memories can be stirred by sheltering from the rain in a beautiful Gothic-type church in the Czech Republic:


No comments:

Post a Comment