Thursday 25 October 2012

Barcelona: A Pleasant Stroll through a Park

One of my most enjoyable and relaxing holidays ever was a 10-12 day trip to Barcelona in 2010 in which I also managed to visit the monastery at Montserrat and the beautiful small city of Girona nearby. 

The pictures below are just a few shots I took one late afternoon near the Arc de Triomphe in Barcelona.  The first shot is of a beautiful small church I saw while walking back from La Sagrada Familia towards the Arc de Triomphe.



After passing through the Arc de Triomphe above, I went down a long walk, and finally reached a super relaxing park, where many people were just sprawled out on the grass reading books, or were just aimlessly wandering around like me.  The first picture below is of some kind of abstract art inside the park.



I'm not normally a fan of the kind of thing above, but this piece didn't really detract from the beauty of the park.  The girls below are just having a good time strolling round the place, while in the background, there's an interesting-looking building. 



Yes, you've probably guessed it, the building is yet another church.  I just love looking at churches, it's as simple as that.



This one really does look great.  Unfortunately, it was locked up, and I couldn't get inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment