Saturday 20 October 2012

Paradise Lost and Soen at Warsaw Klub Progresja 19-10-12

Just getting ready to go and see The Flower Kings up at the Klub Progresja, and last night, I saw Paradise Lost supported by Soen there.  The latter turned out to be much better than I'd expected, and I'm glad I got to the Progresja in time to see them.  The Klub Progresja lies in deepest darkest Stare Bemowo on the outskirts of Warsaw, a real hike from central Warsaw.  Fortunately, I live near Plac Wilsona, and only need half a hike up on the 122 bus.

Below are a few pictures of Soen that I took on my small mobile, followed by a short video that someone has quickly put on Youtube from the show last night.







Paradise Lost were good, but I don't quite know what to make of headlining bands that do 75-minute sets.  On the positive side, this meant that I had little trouble getting back on the bus last night, which can be a real nightmare.  Still, thankfully, they did 'Enchantment' and 'As I Die', my favourite two songs, and the set was well-balanced between the older tunes and recent stuff off 'The Tragic Idol'. 

Moreover, vocalist, Nick Holmes, has a great ironic sense of humour, and, last night, he commented on the lack of over-30s present, and, at one point, casually told the audience:  "It's as hot as f _ ck up here".  I'm afraid that this great colloquial wit was probably lost on most of the Poles last night, but I lapped it up.  Below are a few shots that I took on the mobile, and a video probably from the same kind soul who put the Soen video on Youtube so quickly.









Will report on The Flower Kings tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment