Friday 26 October 2012

La Sagrada Familia, Barcelona

Now for the jewel in the crown of Barcelona:  Gaudi's La Sagrada Familia.  When I lived in an attic bedsit in Papertown, a picture of La Sagrada Familia used to always cheer me up.  Thus, many years later, it was an absolute honour to visit this magnificent enchanted place.  Below is a picture of La Sagrada Familia as I draw close to it.


Now, I'm directly at the front of it, and you can see the massive amount of building work which is still going on after all these years. 





When inside the building, it's not possible to see how some people may fail to find enchantment here, as the colour of the light inside is absolutely magical.  I guess this is what Gaudi was after.







Seriously, how could you not fall in love with this?  Was Gaudi after an image of the First Creation?  If so, this would explain a lot.

Below I'm at the back of the church, and fortunately, I had a reasonable camera so I was able to pick up on some of the magnificent detail of the exterior.






Sadly, like all good things, I had to leave La Sagrada Familia behind, but not without one last parting shot.



This was my way of saying goodbye.  Fortunately, I was often able to glimpse this place from a distance, as in the shot below, which is taken from Gaudi's theme-type park (can't remember it's name) in another part of the city.



Hope you like the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment