Friday 29 September 2023

Coniston-Tarn Hows Walk

A very helpful man at Coniston Tourist Information Office had told me that the 3-mile walk to Tarn Hows (and 3-mile walk back to Coniston) was very pleasant, easy to do, and well signposted, and so it turned out to be:



Not long into the walk, I found myself passing an elegant-looking hotel:


At one point, I was at the water's edge of Coniston Water:

After this, I spent much of the walk inside gladed woods:


Which was a Godsend considering the hot weather.

And all the way through the woodland, the paths were well signposted:


This made it almost impossible to get lost, even for me.


And after about 80-90 minutes, I found myself at Tarn Hows, itself, which really was a picture postcard setting:


More on walking round Tarn Hows and back to Coniston in the next blog(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment