Saturday 30 September 2023

At Tarn Hows


 Upon reaching Tarn Hows, I was greeted with a spectacular sight.


It was a glorious sunny day, and I soon came across a small gushing waterfall:


As I started walking round Tarn Hows:

Have just read that Tarn Hows was originally made up of three much smaller tarns: Lower, Middle, and High Tarns.

A friend of mine had repeatedly advised me to visit Tarn Hows, and many years afterwards, I was eventually doing it:


It's always nice to knock something off a bucket list, of course.


As I walked round Tarn Tows, I could clearly see why it is so popular with many visitors to the Lake District:


The beauty of the place prompted me to take pictures from all angles:

Without getting any of the numerous tourists into shot:


As things turned out, Tarn Hows was a bit bigger than I'd expected:


So I only ended up walking halfway round the place.

Then, I had my walk back to Coniston ahead of me ...

No comments:

Post a Comment