Saturday 30 September 2023

Tarn Hows-Coniston Walk

The walk back from Tarn Hows to Coniston was more enjoyable than the opposite journey because I'd now achieved my objective of seeing Tarn Hows:

Walking back at a leisurely pace, I took more notice of the woodland beauty.

Loved strolling down the shaded paths and under the occasional overhanging tree:


And soon enough, I was out into the open, with its shiny green hillsides:

Anoccasional felled tree:


And rivulets/streams constantly shaping the land:


At one point, I took a right turning, a detour up towards Yewdale (I think?):

I went up a few hundred yards:


A rich climb did seem to lie ahead, but it would have to wait for another time.

I turned around, back on the path to Coniston:


Where I once again treaded the shore of the great lake:



I was really enjoying my time in this part of the world:

No comments:

Post a Comment