Sunday 23 June 2013

Entering Venice

Back in April, I arrived in Venice after a 24-hour coach journey from Warsaw cutting through both the Czech Republic and Austria.  Thus, I was far from fresh, but, as we approached Venice by boat, my eyes lit up as the great city came into view:


Soon after, I was strolling past Stravinsky's church, and briskly moving towards St. Mark's Cathedral:




Even though it was partly covered, St. Mark's Cathedral was incredible:




Some of the paintings on the Cathedral seemed to depict the city's heroic part in defending Christendom from Islamic expansionism:



At one point, as I turned back towards the waterfront, I could see a huge cruise liner breezing by:


Yes, already I knew that Venice was a magical place, full of history and enchantment.

No comments:

Post a Comment