Saturday 29 June 2013

The Need To Have a Drink with Old Friends


This is my old mate, Daz George, who I met on Bell Lane/Rochdale Old Road while in my hometown of Bury, Lancashire recently.  I think it's fair to say that Daz is a bit of a character, and I hadn't seen him for years.  Thus, we ended up chatting for about 20-30 minutes on the spot, mainly about boxing and music, Daz's favourite topics. 

It was great to see Daz after many years, and I was glad that I got to chat with him, but regret not having got out for a couple of pints with him.  Thankfully, I escaped Bury over 15 years ago, but I still miss my old friends from years ago, like Daz.  Yes, as I get older, I feel the need to reconnect with old friends from the past, because none of us are going to be around forever.

Thus, it was good to meet up with one of my best mates from over the years, John Anthony, as we went to see Rush at Manchester Arena, then, at the weekend, had a drink in Bury town centre.  Below, John is with his girlfriend Stephanie at the Bury Wetherspoons next to the Interchange (an excellent pub for Real Ale):



Yes, I must get back to Bury later in the year to see (more of) my old friends again.

No comments:

Post a Comment