Friday 21 June 2013

Underrated Albums: 'Fear of a Unique Identity' by Antimatter

Up until a few weeks ago, I'd never heard of Antimatter, but now I just can't stop playing 'Fear of a Unique Identity'.  For me, the first couple of tracks 'Paranova' and 'Monochrome' are the best two tracks kicking off an album that I've heard in a long, long time:



After these two crackers, things are brought to a more relaxing pace with the title track.  Like many people, Mick Moss' vocals on the opening couple of tracks remind me of Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam, while on the much slower title track, they seem to have a tinge of David Sylvian (one of my heroes) about them:



After these opening three tracks, the album then develops into a kind of beautiful dreamscape, or this is how it seems to me, as I'm often listening to it while tapping away on the computer.

So, how did the 'Fear of a Unique Identity' album cross my path.  Well, I saw that Antimatter are supporting Anathema at the Warsaw Klub Progresja on July 12th for an all accoustic show, and thought that I'd check them out through giving their most recent album a spin.  As a result, I'm now going to the Klub Progresja on July 12th, and more than anything, look forward to seeing Mick Moss/Antimatter live:



Yes, 'Uniformed & Black' is another of my favourite tracks from 'Fear of a Unique Identity'.

No comments:

Post a Comment