Monday 24 June 2013

'For Greater Glory: The True Story of Christiada'


VIVA CHRISTO REY! 

Yesterday, I got to see 'For Greater Glory:  The True Story of Christiada', and, as a semi-practising Catholic (I go to the Old Latin Mass about once a fortnight), I absolutely loved it, especially marvelling at how such a film could get past the politically-'correct' Nazi censorship in our sad and lost Western world.

Through having attended St. Pius X Society Masses many years ago (still go when I'm in Britain), I was already aware of the 1926-1929 popular Catholic uprising against the leftist dictatorship of the time  in Mexico, and knew the general storyline of how widespread Catholic resistance turned from peaceful to necessarily violent means, as the leftist dictatorship closed down the Catholic churches; executed priests; and hung members of the Catholic resistance movement from telegraph poles.  Besides this, I was also aware of how both American and Vatican diplomacy were complicit in pressurising the Cristeros into compromising with the leftist dictatorship rather than allowing them to fully rout their savage enemy.

Anyway, what can I say, I'm just amazed, it's a miracle that such a film has been made honouring the faith and bravery of the Cristeros:






Of course, the film itself has probably been/is probably being only shown in mainly underground cinemas throughout the Western world, as it will have been ideologically sidestepped away from mainstream cinemas (the politically-'correct' don't deal in getting people to think, only PC brainwashing).

Also love the opening (and ending) song from the soundtrack to the film:  'Entre La Luz I El Pecado': 



VIVA CHRISTO REY!

No comments:

Post a Comment