Sunday 8 October 2023

An Evening Stroll Round Ramsbottom

As I continued my walk towards Rammy (Ramsbottom) from Stubbins, I passed the evangelical church below which was based in a residential area:

Really like the row of houses that are perched high above the road:

And coming into the centre of Rammy, I was greeted by a fine cluster of stone buildings:


Think that the one above was formerly a Methodist church.

Everywhere I looked, there was something to admire, architecture wise:

Can remember going to a wedding reception and several other events at Rammy Civic Hall many years ago:


The building below used to be the Grants Arms, now it's home to a big financial planning company:


With the building having a proud Dickens connection:


It was great to look everywhere and see fine-sculptured buildings:

One day, I really must catch something at the Theatre in Ramsbottom:


It looks a real cosy, homely kind of place.

Plus, all kinds of new bars seem to be popping up all over Rammy:

St. Paul's church, where many people eat chippy food in the gardens:

The Ramsbottom steam train station which heads to Bury one way, and Rawtenstall the other way:


A sign of the times, the resurrected Bury football club playing non-league football in a local derby against Ramsbottom United:


And near the steam train station, another evangelical church, which kind of gave some circularity to my stroll round Ramsbottom:

Visiting Rammy and other parts of Bury was now like being a tourist, as I've lived away from the area for 26 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment