Tuesday 3 October 2023

Hawkshead Church Water Tap

 

At the incredibly picturesque St. Michael's & All Angels church in Hawkshead, I found the outside water tap and refilled my empty water bottle.


Think that it's a really nice touch that rural churches have this outside water facility for thirsty travellers to use.

The next time I visit Hawkshead, I'll take a path behind St. Michael's & All Angels church up to Grizedale Forest, as several people recommended this trip to me.

While attending Hawkshead Grammar School, Wordsworth must've attended St. Michael's & All Angels church, I guess.

I've just read that Wordsworth mentions the church many times in his work, especially in The Prelude.

Of course, the Wordsworth association gave the church an added sense of majesty.


And the church was equally impressive inside, especially the wide stone pillars:


No comments:

Post a Comment