Friday 20 October 2023

Goodbye to Bury, Lancashire (for Another Year)

 

Early Wednesday morning, it was time to make my way to Manchester Airport.

My faithful three-man tent had looked after me throughout Somerset; south-east Wales; Gloucestershire; Nottinghamshire; the Lake District; and my hometown, Bury (Lancashire).

But now it was time to part ways, as the tent was too heavy for carrying round on the kind of South England-North England tours that I do (back in Warsaw, I'll look for a decent smaller tent).

Before going to Manchester Airport, I had a look at the place where I'd gone to St. Marie's cubs as a young boy in the mid-1970s:


Which is attached to St. Marie's church, of course.

And then found myself looking at some of the old gravestones inside the Bury Parish Church grounds:


It's amazing what you can still see in Bury if you have keen eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment